Homes For Sale In Lutherville Md
Looking for Homes For Sale In Lutherville Md?
We are the top expert on selling or buying Homes For Sale In Lutherville Md. See available Lutherville listings below and reach out to us for questions or to see a property in person. (page updated daily)
Look no further for Lutherville MD Homes For Sale. We not only have the homes but the history to go along with the entire experience that encompasses our one of a kind Lutherville, Maryland.
The town is located north of Baltimore City along York Road (Maryland Route 45). It is bordered on the north by Timonium, on the west by Interstate 83, on the south by Towson, and on the east by the Hampton neighborhood. The boundary between Lutherville and Timonium is Ridgely Road.
AMAZING THINGS ABOUT LUTHERVILLE MARYLAND:
- Lutherville MD has some Amazing places to Dine and eat out and none of them are too far away.
- Some of The Best Running neighborhoods, safe sidewalks and wide roads where drivers do not speed.
- Plenty Of Variety for anyone who wants a Home, Condos, Single Family and Townhomes all come with their own flavor and styles to fit all profiles.
- Close to the beltways and major highways
- One of the best Chinese Restaurants Joey Chieu’s at Greenspring Station.
- Plenty of Gyms including ACAC Atlantic Coast Athletic Club ( My Family and I Belong Here) Brick Bodies and much more all a mile away or less.
The oldest section of Lutherville dates back to 1852, when it was founded by two Lutheran ministers as a planned community, anchored by a Lutheran seminary and church. The land was originally part of the vast Hampton Estate of Charles Ridgely, from whom it was purchased in 1851.
The two ministers, John Kurtz and John Morris, named the community after the 16th-century German reformer Martin Luther. The Lutherville Female Seminary, as it was initially called when chartered in 1853, was built near the tracks of the Baltimore & Susquehanna Railroad, a forerunner of the Northern Central Railway. In 1895, the institution was renamed the Maryland College for Women. Following a devastating fire in 1911, the college was rebuilt and continued in operation until 1952. Its campus is now an adult congregate living facility, College Manor.
The Lutherville Historic District was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1972. Notable structures, in addition to the old college building and the many Victorian homes, include:
- St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, started in 1856 by John Morris. The present stone sanctuary was built in 1898.
- St. John’s Methodist Church, built in 1869.
- Church of the Holy Comforter, an Episcopal church built in 1888
- Oak Grove, the house of Lutherville founder John Morris, built in 1852 on Morris Avenue
- Octagon house on Kurtz Avenue, built of concrete in 1855 by another Lutheran minister who also served as the town’s postmaster.
A portion of Lutherville’s high school-age students attend nearby Towson High School.
Homes For Sale In Lutherville Md
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.
Why Should You Work With The Kirk Home Group of Northrop Realty, A Long & Foster Company.
We specialize in Lutherville MD Homes For Sale, including Hunt Valley Homes For Sale, Lutherville Homes For Sale, and homes in NorthEast Baltimore County.
There’s something magical about living in Lutherville area Homes and homes in NorthEast Baltimore County. From the amazing history and being in close proximity to everything and anything you could need to still feeling like you have your own little slice of paradise that acts as a constant safe haven for rest and relaxation, all the way to entertainment and night life activities.
In fact, we don’t just help clients sell and buy In lutherville md, we’ve lived in the area ourselves for almost 10 years, our family owns a home in Mays Chapel Village, and we’ve helped dozens of clients navigate their way through finding the perfect Cockeysville home for sale in Baltimore County.
If you’re looking for Lutherville MD Homes for sale, Hunt Valley Homes for sale, or Cockeysville MD Homes for sale in the Beautiful NorthEast Baltimore County, check out the currently available Lutherville properties in and around Northeast Baltimore County below.